Tuesday, September 21, 2010

In case you didn't know...

...Brad and I are expecting our first little one in March 2011! We are so excited and can't wait till our little miracle gets here.

I'm going to share a brief backstory of my blog. Back in May my mom and dad headed out west in their motor home with Nick and a Jeep in tow. Their ultimate destination was ALASKA!!! Mom decided she wanted to not only journal and document their trip and fun times, but share these adventures with friends and family. This is where I come in...mom asked me, "How do I blog and where do I start?!?" Since, I had never officially blogged before - I had only been following several of my friends blogs - I thought it may a good idea to make a "pretend" blog to get her started. The rest is history and now here we are - two blogs into it plus mom's.

So, this brings me back to our little announcement. I figured since I had a "pretend" blog started I might as well have some fun with it and ultimately decided it would be a great place for friends and family to follow us in our journey to becoming parents.

Brad and I got married on September 17, 2005. That was 5 (sometimes long, sometimes short) years ago this past Friday. We decided back last fall that we wanted to start a family sometime in the near future. The end of January 2010 we decided it was time to start trying. After five unsuccessful cycles, I sought out the advice of my doctor. She ran some tests and I was diagnosed with P.C.O.S. - Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome - on April 20. We changed my diet to a lower carb plan. After another failed cycle, she brought me in for some more testing and put me on 50mg of Clomid for CD1-CD5 in June. I went back in on June 30 for blood work to make sure the Clomid worked. Brad & I found out on July 11 that we were PREGNANT!!!

I made my first doctors appointment for July 26 and my wonderful (and excited) husband accompanied me. We were 6w4d (6 weeks 4 days) at this point and got to hear the heartbeat for the first time. Wow, 120bpm already! We were both amazed. You definitely couldn't see much more than a little jelly bean on the ultrasound, but just hearing the heartbeat was INCREDIBLE! Everything seemed to be going well and progressing as it should be.

We went to the second doctors appointment on August 31. We were 11w5d at this point and got to see the baby this time. This was just as exciting as the first ultrasound. The heartbeat was up to 160bpm and Brad was like, "There's actually a baby in there." The baby was measuring exactly on date and it's ETA is March 17, 2011! We get to find out the gender the end of October and time seems to be moving so slowly right now.

I've been dealing with quite a bit of nausea since about 6 1/2 weeks and my doctor gave me a Rx for Zofran. I think this is the only thing that has kept me from throwing up everyday. Thank goodness for modern medicine and drugs. I am 14w5d today and the nausea is starting to subside or at least it is a lot better than it has been. I'm still getting a little bit of nausea in the mornings and end up taking a half dose of Zofran. Hopefully it will go away completely here soon.

As for all our family and friends...all I can say is everyone is so excited and BABIES, BABIES EVERYWHERE!!! I currently have 10 friends that are due between the end of December 2010 and April 2011. It is crazy. We are going to have some fun times and all our kids will hopefully have a great time growing up together. My parents are ecstatic because this is their first grandbaby. They have decided they are going to be Na-Nae and Pops. I thought it was going to be kind of weird telling my "little" brother, but both he and his girlfriend, Uncle Chase and "Aunt" Leslie, were really excited. Brad's parents, Mimi and Peepaw are also super excited. And Brad's sister and brother-in-law are excited to finally be Aunt Brooke and Uncle Chris. While my mom and Brad both were hoping for and had an order in for twins, everyone else seems to think, or is praying, for a baby boy. My nieces also really want a little "brother" cousin.

I will try to keep the blog up to date as we progress in our new journey and hope you enjoy keeping up with us too. Thanks to all of our family and friends for all of your love and support. We love you all. Now I am going to leave you with a few pictures from the last ultrasound. Enjoy :)



No comments:

Post a Comment