Thursday, June 10, 2010

Vegetables Can Taste Good...

Last night Brad & I fixed grilled chicken and sauteed veggies. I leave all the meat marinating and grilling to him, but I usually take care of the rest. So, the other day I picked up a yellow squash and zucchini at the grocery store. Last night I sliced those up, threw them in a hot frying pan with olive oil, half of a sweet onion sliced up, the rest of some sliced baby bella mushrooms and shredded parmesan cheese. I threw in a sprinkle of garlic salt and Lawry's, then I sauteed the mix over medium-high heat for about 10 minutes. Then I turned them to low and let them simmer for the last 10 minutes while we were waiting on the chicken to finish grilling. They turned out FABULOUS and Brad said they were the best he's ever had - and he's not afraid to tell me if he doesn't like something I fixed or if it has too much or not enough of an ingredient :)

Two things came out of this, I got to clean some things out of the vegetable drawer in my fridge and I enjoyed my vegetables!

No comments:

Post a Comment