Tuesday, January 18, 2011

32 Week Pic (31w4d to be exact) & Updated Nursery Pics

Nothing too exciting going on around here. Here's a quick run down...Brad and Lisa, my mother-in-law, finished painting Cooper's nursery last week, Brad then finished painting our bedroom, we headed to Brad's parents mountain house over the weekend for a family get away weekend, we headed to our 3rd expectant parenting class at the hospital last night, I've been fighting congestion and a cold for several days now and new carpet is getting installed in the nursery this morning. I think that's about it!

Now for a little more details. My mother-in-law (aka Mimi) brought over an oil based trim paint to use in the nursery because the people that owned the house before us must have also used an oil based paint. We tried covering it with a latex paint, but it just wasn't working. I was actually gone helping a friend do the Babies R Us "walk thru" that night, and when I got home the whole house had an overwhelming smell of paint. I'm glad I wasn't there while they were painting and am very grateful for the help. Last night my parents stopped by after dinner to see the paint color in the nursery and my dad helped Brad move the remaining furniture out of the nursery. Now, if all goes as planned, we are on the schedule to get the new carpet installed sometime this morning between 8-10am. If this happens, Brad says we can start putting together the crib and arranging the furniture tomorrow night and this weekend!!! I am so excited. Here's a couple pictures of the nursery with the new paint. I will try to take a few more with the new carpet before we put furniture in there.




Last night we attended what should have been our third Expectant Parenting class at the hospital we are planning on delivering at. Last weeks class was canceled due to inclement weather, so this was only our second class. The instructor gave us all the material from the week before and said to please ask any questions we have after looking over the material. The first class a few weeks ago seemed pretty full, maybe 12 - 15 couples. This week there was maybe half that amount. It was kind of nice with less people. I have two friends in the class and we have fun cutting up a little making the class time go by faster. The instructor is really good too. My friend, Danya, & I had plenty of questions last night. The other people in the class were probably ready to either kill us because we wouldn't shut-up or we just asked all the questions they were scared to ask. Either way, I paid for the class and I'm going to ask all my questions. Why else take a class? Overall, this class was better than the first, but the class topic last night was also something I wanted more information on making it better for me.

Like I mentioned above, after dinner my parents stopped by to help move some furniture. After my dad (aka Pops) and Brad moved the rest of the furniture out of the nursery, we all pitched in to put our bedroom back in place - mainly putting the bed and nightstands back against the wall. Lately Brad and I have noticed our mattress slightly dipping in the center. We just assumed it was time to rotate it, but after the guys moved the bed back in place, I noticed the box springs were bowing in the center. We realized the legs were too short and not providing enough support in the middle of the bed. Dad and Brad got to work cutting some scrap pieces of wood to elevate the legs. All I can say is - much better! Mom (aka Na-nae) and I made the bed back up and my room looks semi complete again. Now for the finishing decorating touches before my upcoming baby shower.

Lastly, I finally took an updated belly picture last night. Little man has been doing some growing lately and will be "fattening" up over the new 6 weeks. According to my book, he will gain approximately 1/2lb. per week for the next 6 weeks. Unfortunately for me, the bigger he gets the more my back has been bothering me. I have finally hit the stage where it is getting harder and harder to sleep comfortably all night. All in all, it is worth it and I can't wait to meet our little man. Only 8 weeks to go :)

31w4d


No comments:

Post a Comment