Wednesday, March 9, 2011

39 Week Doctor Appointment

Yesterday was our 39 week check-up on the Little Cooper Man. Since he has stayed so high and I haven't dilated at all, they scheduled me for an u/s at yesterday's appointment as well. Everything looks good and they are estimating that he is already 8.0lbs. His heartbeat was 155bpm. The doctor said I still have not dilated at all and they may let me go as long as 1-2 weeks past my due date as long as he doesn't get too big. Their concern of scheduling an induction is that there is a higher chance of having a c-section in the end. However, if they let me go as long as 1-2 weeks past my due date, he may get too big and I will end up having a c-section, so it's a wash. I go back next week on my due date and we will re-evaluate then.

In other news, I was going to try and work up until I actually went into labor. After careful consideration and how uncomfortable I am, we have decided that Friday will be my last day at work. So, this week has been a whirlwind trying to wrap up certain deals with customers and getting all the info for other customers put together and over to the appropriate person to handle while I am out.

The ultrasound tech did put together a cd with a couple of pictures and a video clip yesterday from my visit. It is really hard to tell what you are looking at because he is so big at this point. The video is a side profile picture of his head. You can see the little wrinkles in his forehead, his nose, his upper lip, his thumb stuck in his mouth and his lower lip. His thumb is the white object stuck in his mouth that he is sucking away on. She said it is pretty common for them to suck their thumb, but she said not like this - he's a pro at it  :) Enjoy! Only 8 days to go - MAYBE!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment