Well, yesterday marked 38 weeks. That means only two weeks to go and it looks like he is going to take his sweet time getting here. I had my 38 week check-up on Wednesday and she said that if she had to take a guess he was going to come really close to his due date or even be a little late. However, that is only a guess because weird things can happen and labor can come on quick and move really fast in some mothers while it takes its sweet time in other people!
I was honestly hoping Cooper would be a little early. Brad has to go out of town for work the last week of March, so little man and I will be home and he will be so young. Mom has volunteered to come stay with me and help out which is great, but we will miss Brad. He is bummed that he has to be gone for an entire week as well since he will be away from his new little boy. I am also selfishly hoping Cooper will be early because I am getting very uncomfortable and anxious to meet him.
For starters, sleeping is getting very difficult. I can't seem to stay in a comfortable position, not to mention I get up at least twice a night to go pee. My feet and legs are so swollen they have that "tight" feeling and my ankles no longer exist. My belly is huge and keeps me from doing almost anything comfortably. Even the poor dog doesn't get the deserved mommy time I would like to give her in the evenings. I can't bend over to pick her up and put her on the couch with me and she likes to lay on my lap which is uncomfotable as well. The only time she makes in on the couch with me is if Brad puts her there and she stays beside me. Poor Harley Pup. My tummy has been acting up as well. I'm not sure if it is my IBS kicking in or pre-labor nauseau or a little of both. The bad part of my tummy hurting is I always wants a soda because that seems to help settle it for the time being. Too much soda is not good for me or the baby. I'm in a lose/lose situation here. If I sit here long enough, I could probably think of several more things to add to the list.
On the flip side, I am trying to work up until Cooper is born. This keeps me somewhat distracted during the day so I am not laying around wondering when he will get here. My doctor is 100% for this. She thinks it is good for me and the baby. I've had a little burst of energy the past couple of nights as well. Nothing major, but enough to motivate me to cook dinner Monday and Tuesday night and work on a couple loads of laundry each night for the past few nights. I even vacuumed the living room and the nursery Monday night after dinner. Brad thought it was funny and asked if I was nesting, since it was 9pm. I was exhausted Wednesday night though. Brad fixed me an egg sandwhich then I fell asleep on the couch at 8:00pm with the dog. Most of Cooper's stuff is ready. His nursery is ready for him, all the newborn clothes are washed and hung in the closet, his blankets, bath towels and sheets are washed and ready for him, his pack 'n play is put together and ready it just needs to be moved to our room, his swing is now assembled, washed and ready and so is his bouncer. Now if I can only get his kitchen stuff organized in the cabinets. I am planning to get some things hung on the walls in his nursery and get the kitchen organized on Saturday. Wish me luck.
Back to my doctor's appt. on Wednesday...my blood pressure was good, so she is completely unconcerned with my swelling. She didn't make any comments about my weight, even though I still gained more than I wanted to. I've had a lot of pressure in my pelvic area since the beginning of the week, so she checked me to see where we were. I have not dialated at all and he still hasn't really dropped much at all. Because of this, she is sending me to the other office for my 39 week appt. to have an u/s done. She wants to make sure he is not getting too big because he was measuring big again this week and shows no signs of coming anytime soon. We shall see. I am already anxiously awaiting next weeks appt., if I make it that long!
Well, I think that's about it. Thank you to all my friends and family that are constanly checking to make sure I am ok and see if I need anything. It nice to know how many friends you truly have. Hopefully I will have a 38 week picture for you tonight or tomorrow to add to this post.
No comments:
Post a Comment