Monday, October 22, 2012

Where did October go?!

Wow, we are at the end of the month and I haven't even had a chance to think about the family blog! The fall has always been busy for us, but this month seemed particularly busy. I have been super busy trying to get my "new" business up and going. So far so good - I have the facebook page up and running, the website is functional, the name has been simplified and I have been swamped with orders (but I'm NOT COMPLAINING). Actually, I am so grateful that God has blessed me with the opportunity to work on things I enjoy and still be able to spend time with my little man each day.

We have also been super busy as a family this month. Brad's training for his upcoming Ironman peaked back at the beginning of the month and has been tapering all month as we prepare to head to Florida the end of this month for the big event. Please say prayers for his health, safety and everything else. Mixed in with that, we've had some home football games, so that meant fun trips to Raleigh. We also moved out of our house for 10 days in the middle of the month. We rent our house out to two wonderful ladies twice a year for the High Point Furniture Market which is a huge undertaking each time, but it makes me do a great "Spring Cleaning" twice a year - with a little help ;) This time we moved our little family to High Rock Lake with Brad's parents and it was great. We got to move back in to our house this past Thursday and we are happy to be home. The nice thing about our renters is they are so clean. They always leave our house as clean when they head home as when they got here. It makes moving back in much easier.

Cooper turned 19 months while we were out of our house. He is growing up so fast! He is tall and slim. He could easily still wear 12 and 18 month clothes in the waist, but they are just way too short most of the time, so I have been putting him in 24 month pants for the length and just have to roll the waist band to help them stay up. He is still super busy and running around everywhere . He only got a 25-30 minute "Coop" nap yesterday in the car on the way to a baby shower and we put him down last night at 8:00pm (that's 30-45 minutes earlier than his normal bedtime) and he slept 14.5 hours last night. He finally stirred around 10:23am this morning!!!

Alright, back to work on some stuff for the group I volunteer with at the hospital. Everyone have a wonderful day and get outside to enjoy this beautiful FALL weather :)

While we were at Mimi & PePaw's during furniture market, Cooper got to spend some quality time with his Great Grandparents, Ma-maw and Pa-paw Tomlin!

Cooper with his Pepaw, Brad's dad, and "Buck", the stuffed deer,  Mimi and PePaw got him!  



No comments:

Post a Comment