Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Surprise Gifts

So, I have been participating in a group called Secret Belly Buddies with some of the March 2011 mommies on the What to Expect website. It's like doing Secret Santa, but you get to do it every month for the duration of your pregnancy. My secret belly buddy sends me a gift each month and I send another mommy a gift. I think there are close to 30 or so of us in the group and we each have a different person. In March, we spend a little more on each other and reveal who we are to our secret belly buddy. It's been a lot of fun so far and exciting to get a surprise gift each month.

My SBB had the genius idea of sending me her email address so we can email back and forth and get to know each other. I thought it was such a great idea that I did the same with my SBB. So far so good.

Now, on to the gift...I am so excited about my gift this month. My SBB went online and found my registry at Babies R Us and sent me something off of it. The ironic part of this is that about a week or so ago I told Brad there was this little floating turtle temperature gauge you put in the bathtub to make sure the water is the right temperature for baby. I read several reviews on BRUs where other mommies had used this for themselves to make sure their bath temp didn't exceed 100 degrees F, so I told him I was going to go ahead and get it for myself (that way if it didn't work, then I could register for the more expensive nicer one). Well, I got home last night and sitting on the counter was a package for me from my SBB. I opened it and there was my little floating turtle!!! WooHoo!!!! I am so excited. I am so taking a BATH this weekend. A nice long soak in the tub. I can not wait. So, if you are reading this SBB, THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH!!!
Find me here.

I am not done with surprise gifts. This past Thursday, Brad  & I headed to Raleigh for the NCSU vs. FSU football game. Our friends, Shannon and Adam, got there about 30 minutes or so after we arrived, walked over with their tailgate goodies and Shannon has this big grin on her face and cute little gift bag from the Conference Store in her hand. She handed it to me and I started opening it. It was full of SOOO CUTE NCSU baby goodies - newborn booties, baby bottle, pacifiers, pacifier strap and a little white tank (I hope I didn't leave anything out). They were all so cute and our little man is going to be stylin' & profilin' in his NCSU gear.

                       Find us here.

Then, when we get to our seats in the stadium, there is a gift sitting in my seat wrapped so tastefully in NCSU wrapping paper and red ribbon. The people that sit behind us, Rusty, Vicki and Kelly, whom we have gotten to know over the past several years of sitting there, had gotten us a NCSU sunshade to put in the car for the baby. Wow! So cute! Of course I was so excited.

Find me here.

We are blessed to have so many wonderful family and friends. Thank you everyone for everything and all you do for us. God has been so good to us. Plus, our family and friends know this baby will be raised WOLFPACK STYLE :) Did I mention that we ended the night with an NCSU WIN over FSU (28 - 24)! Now we are bowl eligible!!! What a way to end a great evening :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you like it! :) I have the same one on my registry too and was thinking about it when taking a bath a few weeks ago so I thought it would be perfect. Little did I know that you were thinking the same thing!

    ReplyDelete